Transportation is never an issue for Anson County employers. Strategically located in the center of the East Coast, Anson County businesses transport their products easily via interstate, air, sea and rail.
- Central East Coast location in the southern Piedmont of North Carolina
- 60% of US population and 60% of nation’s industrial base accessible within 2 hours’ flight time or one days’ delivery by motor freight
- Less than one hour from five major interstate highways (I-95, I-20, I-85, I-485, I-77)
- Abundant rail served by CSX Railroad and Winston-Salem Southbound
- Less than 150 miles from the Port of Wilmington, North Carolina and less than 200 miles from the second largest seaport on the east coast, Port of Charleston, South Carolina
- Anson County is less than one hour from Charlotte’s Douglas International Airport (CLT), the sixth largest commercial airport in the world based on volume and the 8th largest in the nation based on passenger totals (41+ million)—with 734 daily flights to 142 domestic and 36 international destinations.
- The Anson County Airport features a 5,500-foot runway; a 2,600-square-foot terminal building with pilot lounge and on-site aircraft maintenance capacity.